RE: Unix Question

  • From: Fabio Miranda Hamburger <fabmirha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:07:46 -0600 (CST)

> > The trouble is that for folks who don't know better they may actually =
> > try and do some of the crap you post.  Why don't you honor your word and =
> > not post anymore ? What the heck go ahead and unsubscribe.  The list =
> > doesn't need your "advice".
>
> ANYBODY who would type ANYTHING in as root WITHOUT knowing what it does
> EXACTALLY should not have root access, is not responsable enough to have root
> access and needs to WAKE UP and LEARN the "man" command.
>
> good lord, people, what happened to personal responsibility and
> professionalism?

A person can say that anyone that write an email like yours should not be
a user of an Oracle List or even have at least a bachelor degree in CS.

The diverse approach that a person may have to a technology should not be
understimate. I am sure Dijkstra had no idea about UNIX multithreads or
the "init" process but that is nothing against his algorithm.