Re: Unix Command

  • From: Steve Perry <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:44:12 -0500

Somebody else mentioned the same thing with 9i, AIX on EMC Symmetrix.
She dropped a tablespace and datafiles. It took 12 hours or more before they could reuse it.

i'd love to know if this is an oracle issue or OS.
Right now it's just finger pointing.

Steve

On Apr 20, 2006, at 02:36 PM, Baumgartel, Paul wrote:

Just yesterday I did a "drop tablespace ... including contents and datafiles" (9.2.0.6 on Solaris). The filesystem space freed up later, but not immediately after the drop.

Paul Baumgartel
paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
212.538.1143