RE: Undocumented Instance/Media Recover Feature?

  • From: "Weaver, Walt" <wweaver@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:26:24 -0600

Steve's cohort (me) created the database from scratch. None of that
fancy "CREATE CONTROLFILE" stuff for this kid.

The database WAS "moved" from another machine, but I just used a perl
script to pull out the relevant DDL from a dataless export, then
export/imported the data.

After that was done I went back to my MySQL databases and forgot the QA
Oracle database was there.

--Walt Weaver
  Bozeman, Montana