Re: Undo Memory Block Cocrruption - DB Crashes

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ebadi01@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:23:13 +0300

Abdul,

Definately there will be performance impact upon activating the following:

DB_BLOCK_CHECKING =TRUE
_DB_BLOCK_CACHE_PROTECT =TRUE

Is this behaviour only from last two months? If so, was there any change in
the hardware or application wise?

Since, you are in 9i, and don't the this problem again and again, think of
Manual Rollback segment until support comes with valid response.

On 2/13/07, A Ebadi <ebadi01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Our production database (Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Solaris 10) has crashed 6-7
times in the last two months due to error below.  The file involved is
always a file in the Undo tablespace.

Corrupt block relative dba: 0x37039d6e (file 7381, block 236910)
Bad check value found during preparing block for write
Data in bad block -
 type: 2 format: 2 rdba: 0x37039d6e
 last change scn: 0x0533.57fb9135 seq: 0x2 flg: 0x04
 consistency value in tail: 0x91350202
 check value in block header: 0x0, computed block checksum: 0xa5fd
 spare1: 0x0, spare2: 0x0, spare3: 0x0
***
Tue Feb 13 11:55:59 2007
Errors in file /d1000/app/oracle/admin/dwprod/bdump/dwprod_dbw2_9274.trc:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kcbzpb_1], [922983790], [3],
[1], []
, [], [], []

  We have an SR open with Oracle and their recommendation is to enable a
couple of init parameters, but when we did that the performance overhead was
unacceptable (db 2-3X slower).  These parameters are:

DB_BLOCK_CHECKING =TRUE
_DB_BLOCK_CACHE_PROTECT =TRUE

The other suggestion is to have the SA do a "low-level" memory diagnostics
to check for memory problems.  We have this scheduled in a few days.

Has anyone encountered this before or has any suggestions?

Thanks,
Abdul

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo!
Travel<http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--%0A>to
 find your fit.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."