Re: Unable to start srvctl on RAC Nodes

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ashdbablog@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 22:02:26 +0100

first of all, there is no section 3.8 in Note:361235.1 "SYSTEM ALLOWS MODIFICATION OF DISTRIBUTION OF A RELEASE THAT HAS BEEN BILLED"

but to your basic problem:
to use srvctl, you need registered resources in CRS.

crs_register will help, I'm not sure if you can do it by any gui (I never cared). In fact, I have a development mini-cluster with 2 DBs around anywhere (VMware ore similar) just to see how it should be and copy from this 'clear installation'.

HTH
 Martin

--
Martin Berger            martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx
Lederergasse 27/2/14           +43 660 660 83306

Am 06.11.2008 um 20:37 schrieb Ashwin:

Both the rac instances are up and running but not registered with CRS.

[orasup@ustorldbs01 ~]$ srvctl config
SID
[orasup@ustorldbs01 ~]$ srvctl config database -d SID
PRKR-1001 : cluster database SID does not exist
PRKO-2005 : Application error: Failure in getting Cluster Database Configuration for SID