RE: Unable to drop a datafile

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Ryan January'" <rjjanuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:18:31 -0400

What Mark said about sql_trace is a really good idea. Also, I wonder whether
you need to purge your recyclebin or this has anything to do with as of date
processing.

How much remains undeleted in the entire tablespace? Is copying what you
want to keep to a new tablespace feasible as a workaround? Depending on the
sizes, that may take less time than an sr.

Good luck.