RE: URGENT!!! - Inadvertantly ran catalog.sql in an existing database

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:54:15 -0400

Where you user SYS (sysdba) when you ran catalog?  If not you should be
able to drop the wrong user owned objects and then fix all public
synonyms to point to the correct user, that is, SYS.

Anyway try this:

Drop any should be SYS owned objects owned by any other user
shutdown immediate
startup restrict
connect / as sysdba
@catalog
@catproc
@utlrp
-- take a look
-- if OK unrestrict the db or shutdown and startup normal
-- Also note that any direct grants on SYS owned objects to users,
package owners, etc... will likely need to be re-issued right before you
run utlrp

Note - I have seen special instructions for dealing with revalidation of
STANDARD on metalink that you may want to search for if the above does
not work.  I think the special instructions were due to a bug that
caused package STANDARD to go invalid.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --