RE: URGENT: IMPORT HELP

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <Peter_McLarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:12:36 +1000

Hi Paula

The gotcha if you don't load with any indexes and constraints is that you need
a lot of temp tablespace to build them but experience says that it will be a
lot faster overall to apply constraints and build indexes later

Just import the data. If you can grab an export norows from the old database
then you can use the ddlwizard to create scripts to build indexes and
constraints or any other schema  objects for your task it is a pretty cool
assistant.

http://www.ddlwizard.com/

Cheers

Peter