Re:URGENT: IMPORT HELP

  • From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:19:05 -0700 (PDT)

Using Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris 2.9

  Trying to load a large amount of data using import.

  The  schema needs to be the same and only the data reloaded.  There are
triggers, constraints (pk, fk, etc.) and pk indexes.

  I have been loading with pk's enabled and pk indexes (not fk and fk indexes)
and the process is very slow.

  I have been running the import with statistics=n, indexes=n

  I am tempted to disable all constraints and drop pk indexes but I am afraid
that I might have trouble creating the pk's properly.  Can I used the indexfile
option to create the pk's properly and will this make a significant difference
in the import.

  What about after insert triggers?  What is the best way to handle the after
insert triggers?

  Any help would be appreciated.  I have been spending a lot of time with this
data load.

  Thanks,
  Paula

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to
Yahoo! Groups.