RE: URGENT 8.1.7 recovery question

  • From: <krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:36:31 -0700

Come to think of it I have gotten rusty with it using SQL plus as well since
I am so use to executing this using RMAN which you may be able to use even
in this case. If it is SQL plus and you have restored the control file you
would have to say "using backup controlfile" since it wouldn't be the
current controlfile. I am not sure, one way or the other, about the until
clause of the SQL plus recover command.

Regards,

-Krish

Krish Hariharan

President/Executive Architect, Quasar Database Technologies, LLC

http://www.linkedin.com/in/quasardb

  _____