RE: UNIX_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:25:17 -0600

Ron - Thanks, and thanks everyone for the input.

We are using scripts to set the environment variables. The problem turned
out to be not all variables were getting set correctly. I read the consensus
that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was probably the culprit. I found out that UNIX_PATH is
a home-grown variable. I won't get to experiment any more until the next
build.

This definitely produced strange problems, hopefully nobody else will hit
this. If you do, check your variables.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.