Re: UI to the Oracle Scheduler

  • From: Louis BROUILLETTE <Louis.Brouillette@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 11:17:43 -0500

In a perfect world, that UI would not permit to do things like "repeat_interval=>'FREQ=MINUTELY;INTERVAL=1'". The granularity would stop at "daily". If someone needs it twice a day, just schedule it 2 times. If a job is needed hourly, tell me, Il will check if it's really needed and I will take care of it.

At 10:27 2010-01-19, Rich Jesse wrote:
I think what Howard might be thinking of is the same knee jerk I had --
someone scheduling a job with "repeat_interval=>'FREQ=MINUTELY;INTERVAL=1'"
because they need up-to-date information or whatever, without being able to
take into account the ramifications of their actions (i.e. inability to
monitor business systems).

Obviously, your situation is different or you wouldn't be asking the question.

Rich

Louis Brouillette
Chargé de projet informatique et technologique (DBA)
Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435
Email: brouille@xxxxxxx