UCM for DDL/object scripts

  • From: "Smith, Steven K - MSHA" <Smith.Steven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:06:45 -0600

Does anyone have any experience using UCM software to manage DDL scripts
for development on 2 separate code releases?

We are using ClearCase for version control and have been managing
difference in object changes between releases manually until the release
is published.  Currently, we are being directed to start using a UCM VOB
with multiple streams.  I am leery about how code merges are going to
happen without a lot of manual intervention.  I can't imagine that merge
logic can successfully understand logic in 2 packages and successfully
combine the 2 together.

I have little experience using UCM and I am just starting my research.

Thanks

Steve Smith

Desk: 303-231-5499

Fax: 303-231-5696

attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.