Re: Two factor authentication for Oracle Database?

  • From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: watt0012@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 09:15:29 -0800

Andy, are you saying that your Windows account or Linux account is setup
with two-factor using SecureID? But if Oracle is identified externally,
isn't that basically single sign-on?

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Andy Wattenhofer <watt0012@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have implemented two-factor with a token system like SecurID and with
Duo. Both use RADIUS external authentication, so if you've implemented that
then you know everything you need to know. All Oracle users are "identified
externally," and their passwords are the individual's enterprise password
concatenated with the token value. You do not need Advanced Security option
for this.

Andy

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Mark J. Bobak <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Ilmar, I'll take a look at that. Much appreciated!

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015, 10:46 Ilmar Kerm <ilmar.kerm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

When I implemented Radius login for our databases, I noticed that the
manual also talked about using Radius for two-factor authentication:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25054_01/network.1111/e10746/asoradus.htm
Example: Synchronous Authentication with SecurID Token Cards

Ilmar

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Mark J. Bobak <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone ever configured two-factor authentication for Oracle DB
login? Is it even possible? Part of Advanced Security or maybe Identity
Managrment?

I've just started Google searching, but there doesn't seem to be much
out there.

-Mark

--
Ilmar Kerm