Tuning for t-series nodes running Oracle DB

  • From: Aaron Leonard <aachleon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:29:42 -0500

I'll soon be rolling new T4 servers running Solaris 10 08/11 (11.2.0.3 GI,
11.2.0.2 DB) into an existing RAC cluster.  I'm beginning the process of
testing/tuning the new nodes before rolling them into production, but am
trying to find the best starting point for that effort.
What non-default kernel parameters beyond what is in the install docs are
people using to improve performance?  How about db parameter values (i.e.
CPU_COUNT, etc)?  BTW, I've read the MOS docs.  They're mildly helpful and
also sometimes conflicting...

Has anybody experimented with using the new(ish) version of mtmalloc that
came with Solaris 10 08/11 on their db servers?  If so, what were the
results from that change?

Any responses are appreciated.

Thanks,
Aaron