RE: Tuning I/O-related wait - Metalink Note: 223117.1

  • From: "Roger Xu" <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:51:26 -0600

Thank y'all.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Rivenes [ mailto:arivenes@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 3:53 PM
To: Roger Xu; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Tuning I/O-related wait - Metalink Note: 223117.1

You can't tell from this. You need to look at the session or transaction
level and create a resource profile from that information. At the system
level you're just guessing and with flawed information.

At 01:19 PM 11/9/2004, Roger Xu wrote:
>Why there is no "Top 5 Wait Events" in our statspack report?
>But we have:
>Top 5 Timed Events
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                                     % Total
>Event                                               Waits    Time (s) Ela Time
>-------------------------------------------- ------------ ----------- --------
>CPU time                                                       20,014    41.90
>db file sequential read                        12,629,049      17,830    37.33
>log file sync                                     223,490       4,221     8.84
>enqueue                                             4,977       2,711     5.68
>db file parallel write                             27,227       1,082     2.27
>           -------------------------------------------------------------
>

>I guess "db file sequential read" is our problem. Any comments?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Roger

Andy Rivenes
Email: arivenes@xxxxxxxx

For technical support please email tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxx or you can
call (972)721-8257.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons
or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request to
tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxxx