Re: Trouble starting crs - no listener

  • From: orcl <orcl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 20:23:38 -0500

Post got rejected for over quoting...
Surachart - Im in the process of registering the asm on all nodes now.. thanks for that

Ok - I thought it would be the best approach to carefully reinstall the clusterware software.

There was a point in the install where it asks for your private and public interfaces ie eth0 and eth1, on one of the servers the private was on eth1 the other 2 were on eth0 - so I reset the ip addresses on the nics to be the same eth0 all public and eth1 all private

Ran through the install, then ran the vipca and payed close attention the the configuration. Lastly ran netca and had it create the llisteners of all nodes.... everything looked perfect - see below, did a reboot and the clusterware and services all came up.

WHat made me look into the vip address was - I tried to create the listener using netca with the previus configration and it would fail on one of the nodes - but create the listener.ora file. If I tried to start the listener on the problem node, I would get something like target host "optiplex1-vip" does not exist, when in fact it was in the host file and could be pinged from any node.So,making the corrections above got me to the status below :)

Im making backup image copies of the drives right now - there is a heck of allot of configuration there...

Surachart, thanks for the help.

Bob

NO KEYS WERE WRITTEN. Supply -force parameter to override.
-force is destructive and will destroy any previous cluster
configuration.
Oracle Cluster Registry for cluster has already been initialized
Startup will be queued to init within 90 seconds.
Adding daemons to inittab
Expecting the CRS daemons to be up within 600 seconds.
CSS is active on these nodes.
        optiplex1
        optiplex2
        poweredge
CSS is active on all nodes.
Waiting for the Oracle CRSD and EVMD to start
Oracle CRS stack installed and running under init(1M)
Running vipca(silent) for configuring nodeapps
The given interface(s), "eth1" is not public. Public interfaces should be used to configure virtual IPs.

[root@optiplex2 crs]# /u01/app/crs/bin/crs_stat -t
Name           Type           Target    State     Host
ora....X1.lsnr application    ONLINE    ONLINE    optiplex1
ora....ex1.gsd application    ONLINE    ONLINE    optiplex1
ora....ex1.ons application    ONLINE    ONLINE    optiplex1
ora....ex1.vip application    ONLINE    ONLINE    optiplex1

ora....X2.lsnr application    ONLINE    ONLINE    optiplex2
ora....ex2.gsd application    ONLINE    ONLINE    optiplex2
ora....ex2.ons application    ONLINE    ONLINE    optiplex2
ora....ex2.vip application    ONLINE    ONLINE    optiplex2

ora....GE.lsnr application    ONLINE    ONLINE    poweredge
ora....dge.gsd application    ONLINE    ONLINE    poweredge
ora....dge.ons application    ONLINE    ONLINE    poweredge
ora....dge.vip application    ONLINE    ONLINE    poweredge

Surachart Opun wrote:
/'.oracle'/, This directory contains a number of "special" socket files that are used by local clients to connect via the IPC protocol (sqlnet) to various Oracle processes including the TNS listener, the CSS, CRS & EVM daemons or even database or ASM instances...

So, we shound't so anything on this path.

If check from your "crs_state -t'
I didn' t see your listener/asm register in CRS... So, CRS can not start your listener automatic..

I think you should point to recreate listener (and register listener to CRS), before you start this point check about nodeapps on optiplex1
*
After investigated, You should start at CRS on optiplex1*

about optiplex1: I think CRS not start
ora....ex1.gsd application    ONLINE    OFFLINE
ora....ex1.ons application    ONLINE    OFFLINE

- can you reboot it, if yes, you should reboot.
- check process and log files
http://surachartopun.com/2009/04/why-my-oracle-cluster-could-not-start.html
- Check /tmp/crsctl.* files
- check messages logfile system

Aftter solved and "crsstat -t" show gsd+ons start on allnodes
- move listener.ora file and use netca to create listener (netca help you register in CRS)
$ export ORACLE_HOHE=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1
$ ssh-agent $SHELL
$ ssh-add

check you can remote all nodes
$ netca

this helps you create listener and register in CRS (hope you move listener.ora file before)

After that register ASM + Database in CRS by "srvctl"

OK... before do anything - solve CRS on optiplex1.

Surachart Opun
http://surachartopun.com