Re: Trigger SMON to dump table statistics to ALL_TAB_MODIFICATIONS

  • From: Bala <oratips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alexander Fatkulin" <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:13:09 -0400

Thank you very much for all the responses and for the 'Case study' below.
I asked the question since before running the procedure query on
all_tab_modifications returned rows and after the procedure execution none
were returned.

so "Flush" is rather a "Push".

:-) thanks

Bala --

On 6/6/07, Alexander Fatkulin <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you enabled monitoring on that table?

SQL> create table test (n number);

Table created.

SQL> alter table test monitoring;

Table altered.

SQL> insert into test values (1);

1 row created.

SQL> commit;

Commit complete.

SQL> select inserts
2     from user_tab_modifications
3     where table_name='TEST';

no rows selected

SQL> exec dbms_stats.flush_database_monitoring_info;

SQL> select inserts
2     from user_tab_modifications
3     where table_name='TEST';

  INSERTS