Re: Transportable tablespaces...

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Marco.Gralike@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:08:25 +0300

It looks you have couple of requirements here, one is across platform and
different Release of a version.
Across platform is okay, but, you really need to think of different versions
here.

On 4/20/07, Marco Gralike <Marco.Gralike@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 We are investigation if it is possible, instead of using exp or expdp, to
use transportable tablespaces for moving tables with in them columns of type
XMLType (CLOB storage) from one database platform to another database
platform. I haven't done this yet, I would appreciate some insights.

Has anyone experience with this? (/ is it possible?, see tab below)

          Source                               Target
          ==================================
====================================
Database  Oracle Enterprise Edition 10.1.0.3.0 Oracle Enterprise Edition
10.2.0.3.0
OS        RedHat Linux AS 3 (32bit)            AIX 5.3 (64bit)

Marco

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."