Transportable tablespace with missing datafile

  • From: scott.hutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:14:38 +0000

All,

Does anyone know any tricks for forcing a transportable tablespace to "import"
when a datafile is missing?  I don't mind loosing the data within this
datafile, but there are many other valuable tables in other datafiles within
this tablespace.

Due to an operational error, 1 file (out of 91) from a 2tb tablespace has been
deleted after the metadata was exported.  We have a cold backup of the
datafiles from this tablespace only (not full DB) but the tablespace was NOT
readonly at the point of the backup, and the database was restarted for the
metadata export. This means we can not simply restore the missing file.

The error we get on import is ORA-19722, and the oracle version is 9.2.0.5.

Thanks,
Scott.

::This message sent using the free Web Mail service from http://TheName.co.uk