Re: Transparent Data Encryption

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 08:55:23 -0500

Thanks to those of you who responded, much appreciated. Tim's Oracle-base
received several recommendations, so he must be doing something right. :)
Jeremy, your brain dump was helpful as well.

Is there a good use case for the "database default wallet" that can be
shared with other Oracle components, versus the "encrypted wallet" that is
used specifically for TDE? I find the terminology distracting, especially
since Oracle "strongly recommends" using the latter and not the former. Why
even make the former available?

--
Charles Schultz