Re: Transient files in the FRA

  • From: Stefan Koehler <contact@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 15:13:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi John,
you can think about deferred log destinations in Data Guard environments.
Oracle introduced a hidden parameter (with version 11.2.0.x) called
"_deferred_log_dest_is_valid" to control this behavior. More details can be
found in MOS ID #1380368.1.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Oracle performance consultant and researcher
Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: @OracleSK