Trailing nullcols and external tables

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:07:19 -0500

I've checked the sql reference and messed with the syntax but I don't
seem to be able to get trailing nullcols to work in defining an external
table.

...is that not an option?

the create statement succeeds without error but when i select from the
table i get:

SQL> select count(*) from data2;
select count(*) from data2
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-29913: error in executing ODCIEXTTABLEOPEN callout
ORA-29400: data cartridge error
KUP-00554: error encountered while parsing access parameters
KUP-01005: syntax error: found "identifier": expecting one of: "column,
enclosed, exit, (, ltrim, lrtrim, ldrtrim, missing, notrim, optionally,
rtrim,
reject"
KUP-01008: the bad identifier was: trailing
KUP-01007: at line 9 column 4
ORA-06512: at "SYS.ORACLE_LOADER", line 19

am i missing something?

CREATE TABLE "CMAP_WH"."DATA2"
   ( "GEOGRAPHY" VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
 "COMMODITY" VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
 "TIME_PERIOD" NUMBER(*,0),
 "MEASURE_NAME" VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
 "MEASURE_VALUE" NUMBER,
 "UNIT" VARCHAR2(255 BYTE),
 "PARTNER_GEOGRAPHY" VARCHAR2(255 BYTE)
   )
   ORGANIZATION EXTERNAL
    ( TYPE ORACLE_LOADER
      DEFAULT DIRECTORY "LOC"
      ACCESS PARAMETERS
      ( RECORDS DELIMITED BY NEWLINE
    CHARACTERSET WE8MSWIN1252
    STRING SIZES ARE IN BYTES
    NOBADFILE
    NODISCARDFILE
    NOLOGFILE
    FIELDS
      TERMINATED BY ','
   trailing nullcols
       (
        "GEOGRAPHY" CHAR,
        "COMMODITY" CHAR,
        "TIME_PERIOD" CHAR,
        "MEASURE_NAME" CHAR,
        "MEASURE_VALUE" CHAR,
        "UNIT" CHAR,
        "PARTNER_GEOGRAPHY" CHAR
      )
        )
      LOCATION
       ( 'd.CSV'
       )
    )
   REJECT LIMIT UNLIMITED
/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
        This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.