RE: Tracing FGAC/VPD differences between 9i and 10g

  • From: "Schultz, Charles" <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:43:19 -0500

I apologize about running a one-side conversation here, but....

From what I can tell, the documentation is a bit screwed up (would not
be the first time):
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14266/apd
vcntx.htm#sthref2431

I am most concerned about context_sensitive and
shared_context_sensitive.

For shared_context_sensitive, table 15-3 seems to indicate that the
policy function only executes the first time the object is referenced in
a session. We found that the policy only executed for the first object
referenced. Hence, if you reference two objects, the first one gets
cached (I have a working example for those that are curious). Does not
the documentation imply that each object should have its own predicate?