Re: Trace file does not list detailed timings

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:42:56 -0000

Is this a case of: 9i and It used to show stats when I switched on SQL_TRACE, but it doesn't any more after an upgrade.

If so, then it's a change in default behaviour.  In earlier
versions of 9, when you enabled sql_trace, you implicitly
enabled "_rowsource_execution_statistics". The most
recent versions don't do this. If you want them, then
   alter session set "_rowsource_execution_statistics"=true;

The cost is significant in some classes of query - nested
loops seem to be the worst.  I have an example where
the CPU time goes up by a factor of three when stats
are on.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 10th Jan 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: <Jill.Drocea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>