Trace a session while it accesses the cache buffer chain latches, etc

  • From: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@freelists org" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:47:23 -0800

Does anyone know of a way to trace a session after the soft parse to see
how it knows where to access blocks on the CBC? I'm starting by assuming
the session has to find out where to start by knowing the Data Block
Address, but I can't figure out where the session gets that information
after the session determines there is a shared cursor it can use.

Any help with me finding the next steps is greatly appreciated.

--
Michael Cunningham