Re: Toper variable question

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:10:33 -0800

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:35:07 -0000, Hallas, John, Tech Dev
<john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Isn't the presence of modules one of the great exasberations (sp?) of =
> Perl
> One one hand there seems to be a module for everything, on the other you =
> need to be always down loading new modules.

The alternative would be a  monolith.

You don't really want that, do you?

If setup PPM/CPAN so as to install dependant modules, it
really isn't that big a deal to install modules.

> It amazes me that DBI does not as part of a standard install =
> (Activatestate at least).=20

They are always behind anyway.  If possible, use a *nux box
for the majority of your Perl work, you will be happier.

--
Jared Still