Tool to export data in XML format?

  • From: Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:00:57 -0700

I have a need to export data from a 9i database in XML format. Using the table and column names as the XML descriptors (or whatever they are called) would be fine. Ideally I'd like to be able to specify SQL to select a few records from one table and have the export include all related data from other tables by following the foreign key references, but if I have to supply the complete SQL that's ok too. The idea is to be able to provide a complete sample of the data in XML format.

I've searched the archives of this list, and Googled, but all I can find are APIs that would let me write such a thing. This is a one- off task for a client, so I'd rather not write it nor do they want to pay a lot for it (I'm guessing Crystal Reports or the like could do this, for a price).

Does anyone know of an existing tool I could use?

thanks,

janine

---
Janine Sisk