"Too Many Declarations" Error

  • From: Kevin Lange <klange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:06:23 -0600

Evening guys;
  One of our developers keeps getting the following error when running a
PL/SQL script on our 8.1.7.4 database under solaris 9:

SQL> @ongoing_facipsa_CALI_insert.sql

Warning: Procedure created with compilation errors.

Errors for PROCEDURE ONGOING2_CALI_FACIPSA_INSERT:

LINE/COL ERROR
-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
37/14    PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
71/18    PLS-00307: too many declarations of 'DECODE' match this call

Does anyone know if there is an init-parm or something that drives how many
'too many' is that I can set differently ??

Thanks

Kevin

p.s.   He is only using 2 decodes in that script ... so, why would this be
too many ?
--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l