RE: To autostart database or not?

  • From: "Guang Mei" <GuangMei@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <dwaynec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:43:44 -0400

I have my production dbs auto-started, while the dev dbs not.

Usually the alert log file and trace/dump file would give you enough
clue(s) why the instance goes down.  I am in Boston and I had one db in
California went down at 3am (Boston time) because of power outage. I did
not get the call and it auto-started.

Guang