RE: To autostart database or not?

  • From: "Kerber, Andrew W." <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dwaynec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:18:06 -0500

I really like to have the on call dba bring up instances, especially in
the case of a crash.  However, I can definitely see in the case of small
shop where you might want to let them start automatically.  It might
also depend on how good the people are that bring up the system.  Do
they know to call you if there is something strange going on with
Oracle?