Re: To autostart database or not?

  • From: Dwayne Cox <dwaynec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sais, Gene" <Gsais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:16:50 -0400

Good points.

We have had very few unexpected outages thus far but, with hurricane season fast approaching, I have been rethinking my practices.

Thanks all

--dwayne

Sais, Gene wrote:
I wrote my own startup scripts that start the databases in background so
as not to affect the server from coming up.  Also, I do a few sanity
checks like verifying the filesystems exist before starting.  It is nice
to sleep when the Unix Admin needs to reboot the box :).