Re: To autostart database or not?

  • From: "Luis Fernando Cerri" <lfcerri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:53:04 -0300

Thats why I stated to always keep /etc/oratab updated, dbshut and
dbstart are based on it. :-)

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Best regards,
Cerri

2007/5/10, Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Jay.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
We used to have our SAs restart using a script until the day the standby
database server crashed and they used the regular database startup
script to restart it.

After that we asked to be called.

Jay Miller
Sr. Oracle DBA