RE: To autostart database or not?

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dwaynec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:20:24 -0400

Ooh Ooh ooh!!  I can answer that!  To "clear the well-known memory
leak".

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx

In one previous shop, unix shutdown every Sunday anyway, so it was coded
to only autostart on that day.... perhaps that was at that time one
reason the unix box rarely crashed... if ever.

attachments hereto. Please advise immediately if you or your employer do
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to
the official business of this company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.