Tkprof ouput -- Query on times waited/max waited/total waited

  • From: <k.sriramkumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:09:19 +0530

Hi Gurus,

        I was analyzing the output of 10046 event of a single session.
Myself and my fellow coleage differ in the interpretation of the output
statistics.

Question 1
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

The output Reads

Elapsed times include waiting on following events:
  Event waited on                             Times   Max. Wait  Total
Waited
  ----------------------------------------   Waited  ----------
------------
  SQL*Net message to client                       6        0.00
0.00
  SQL*Net message from client                     5      132.69
142.99

My Understanding of this output is=20

        Times waited -- Number of times this event has waited. Here the
user might have entered 7 statements hence it says
number of times waited as 6

        Max Waited -- Maximum duration of wait (Out of the 6 times it
has waited)

        Total Waited -- Total Waiting time ( sigma of 6 wait times )

Pls confirm whether my understanding is correct.

Question 2
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Say I turn on the SQL tracing at 12.00 and the session is idle till 1.00
and a single SQL statement is executed at 1.00.

Now if I analyze the ouput.

My undestanding is that, this 1 hour would be accounted in the  "SQL*Net
message from client" . Is my understanding correct??

Best Regards

Sriram Kumar

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is =
intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended =
recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or =
deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if =
you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from =
your system.E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or =
error-free as information could be =
intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late or incomplete or =
contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept liability for any =
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a =
result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please =
request a hard-copy version.