RE: Thoughts on comments

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, <jeff.d.smith@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:14:31 -0400

Hmm. Kevlar makes an excellent point. Learning mode on: I think I'm revising
my notion they should flow from the data model to the database. Okay, IF
you're going to have comments in the database you'll need to make sure it is
a situation that cannot snowball into a performance problem (See Kevlar
post), AND, they should come from the data model if you're going to have
them.

Look, if you have any serious product or system intended for production, you
need a serious data model which does include all the comments. Hauling the
extra weight along into production can sometimes cause problems, so it
should be avoided.

mwf