Re: Thick vs thin client - 11g R2

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:28:13 -0600

I've checked the ORACLE_HOME for the 11g client install and there is no
lib32 directory.

There seems to be a misunderstanding about the connectivity issue.  We CAN
connect with JDBC thin client.  We CANNOT connect with the OCI thick
client.  We are using java 1.6,

Using the JDBC thin client causes unprintable characters to be inserted into
the database that our application does not handle correctly.  This usually
happens when someone does a cut & paste.  There is no problem if the
customer just types the data.  Our database characterset is US7ASCII.

I finally got them to give me the error they receive when trying to start
the application with the OCI thick client:

9/24/10 7:51 AM Error in bean tz.trader.ejb.CCSessionbean.CCSessionHome
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc9 in java.library.path
        at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:267)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:365)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:547)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:347)

We have a developer working on the issue now.

         Sandy