RE: The cheapest hardware for real RAC

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <Peter_McLarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ranko Mosic" <ranko.mosic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:59:32 +1000

I would suggest you firstly have a look at the minimum requirements for
RAC if you can't use the Firewire.

On Metalink the RAC Technologies Matrix for Linux Clusters states that
you need to use Fibre channel, SCSI or iSCSI so I assume that whatever
you can get as a storage box that will support one of those is going to
work. The quality of the implementation on that box will determine if it
works successfully but for a testing server it will probably be a goer

Cheers

Peter McLarty

Technical Consultant

Service Delivery