Re: Thank you Oracle Support - cursor_sharing = similiar is deprecated!

  • From: Dion Cho <ukja.dion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 10:37:27 +0900

I understand similar sharing as :

- Exact sharing for the columns histogram.
- Exact sharing for the columns used as range predicates(between, >=, >, <=,
<, ...)
- Force sharing for the columns none of aboves

Similar sharing with the histogramed-columns and/or ranged-columns would
generate tons of child cursors and reparse would occur for each child
cursor.

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller

http://dioncho.wordpress.com (english)
http://ukja.tistory.com (korean)
http://sites.google.com/site/otpack (tpack)