Test your developers

  • From: Stéphane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 17:48:13 +0200

Folks,

     Still working on evaluating automatically what students can do,
SQL-wise, I have posted a new by-product. It's a "click to reconstruct
the query" exercise which actually runs the result, returns syntax
errors when the statement makes no sense, and recognizes both

    where a = b
      and c = d

and

    where d = c
      and a = b

and all possible combinations as valid, since they will return the same
dataset. The test database is composed of the states of India this time;
by the way, if anybody knows what will be the ISO 3166 code for
Telangana ... Wake up, ISO committees, less than one month left. I have
assigned 'TE', which seems unused, but it's a bet.

There are 5 questions. A friend of mine who is a Java developer told me
he had the first right and failed at the second one. Why wasn't I surprised?

The link is http://edu.konagora.com/SQLtest.php. The Challenge (far more
difficult) is still here, replace 'test' by 'challenge'.

Have fun,

--
Stéphane Faroult
RoughSea Ltd <http://www.roughsea.com>