Termination/Shelving licenses?

  • From: Upendra <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 16:34:15 -0400

Dear all -
Could someone share their experiences in dropping support and when Oracle comes
back with the option of Termination/Shelving the licenses?  This is the only
product in this contract, so I won't be impacted with the support cost reset
etc..

If we drop licenses I assume we are entitled to run "perpetual" licenses, stuck
in whatever version we were running at the time of dropping support..

Termination looks like we can't use the licenses anymore? What does Shelving
really mean?
Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks
-Upendra