Re: Temporary tablespace usage

  • From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Raju Angani <angani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:50:02 -0600

Unfortunately, this is purely an application issue... the LOB segments
won't be released until the session terminates, *unless* they're explicitly
closed.  In our case, the only immediately viable solution was to recycle
the application (or kill the relevant SID) since so many sessions were
affected.  The long-term solution was an application-side code change, to
call DBMS_LOB.CLOSE at the appropriate times.