Re: Temporary space needed to create a constraint

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mark.powell2@xxxxxx" <mark.powell2@xxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:31:21 -0700 (PDT)

Which is exactly what he's done -- the constraint creation runs out of temp
space even though no index is being created.  The sort segment outgrows the
available temp space and then errors out.  I can guess that Oracle is ordering
the keys to verify no duplicates exist before creating and enforcing the
primary key, but I can't prove that on my small playground database.

David Fitzjarrell