Re: Tde and Rman

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: max scalf <oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 20:21:47 -0400

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 4:10 PM, max scalf <oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

for auto login, what
if we use the local auto login? Can you still use that at ur dr site to
restore the database? As from what I have bee reading it says if you use
local auto login the those files cannot be used. I am confused about the
local piece of auto login.

I forgot there was a distinction. That's one of those things that is
slightly different between releases and I always have to look it up
again... <g> Anyway, everything i was saying applies to local auto
login wallets. (They use cwallet.sso and they are useless on any
other server and they don't really factor significantly into DR or
backup strategies.) FWIW we use local auto login wallets extensively
in our infrastructure which includes both primary RAC and standby RAC
databases in remote data centers. You replicate the ewallet.p12 file
everywhere then just generate a local wallet with the orapki program
on each server.

Of course, like I was saying, seems that it all changes with version 12...

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider