RE: Tablespace reorganisation

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aditya.yadavalli@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:25:26 -0400

I think generally as a matter of convenience to you.  I have noted that
everytime a new DBA comes in he wishes to either increase the number of
tablespaces from 5 to 40 or reduce them from 40 to 5.  Management is
impressed and it keeps him busy for a day or so.  We also did it to
change some dictionary managed tablespaces to locally managed.  If your
disks are managed properly you should haven't any performance reason to
do so.