Re: Tablespace recovery - TSPITR??

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stevenoyle1@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

Is it a transportable tablespace?
    if yes then you also need schema info.
        If you have then maybe you can try something.

If not and since you do not have archive logs or system tablespace datafiles
then you are out of luck.
steve noyle <stevenoyle1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a table that I need to recover from an old
backup. I seem to recall reading somewhere that I can
just plug in the old datafile into my test database
and access the table that way. The table is the only
object in the datafile. Unfortunately I do not have
any archived logs available. What I have available is
a test database and an old backup file where the table
resides.

If that is not possible, what are my options?

test database - 9.2.0.3 on HPUX
the old backup file was originally also from a 9.2.0.3
database on HPUX.

thanks.

steve

Yahoo! Mail ? CNET Editors' Choice 2004.  Tell them what you think. a