RE: Tablespace recover from RMAN cold backup.

  • From: "Kenneth Naim" <kennethnaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <NishaMohan_A@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 06:30:18 -0400

A tablespace cannot be recovered directly from an intentional drop of a
tablespace. If the datafile AMT_1.dbf was earased or corrupted then the
tablespace can be recovered but once it is dropped from the database, the
database doesn't know anything about it. If the database is in archive log
mode you could recover the database to a point in time before the drop
assuming you know when that happened and you have a backup from before that
point in time and all the archive logs between the backup and the point in
time in which you want to recover.

Ken