RE: Tablespace block size limit / Windows

  • From: "Koivu, Lisa" <Lisa.Koivu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:05:59 -0500

Hi Dennis,=20

It throws a different error when you try to create a tablespace with a
block size that hasn't been accounted for in the instance.  Metalink
blatantly says "16k is a limitation of Windows".  All I can hope, hope,
hope for is that eventually this will be one lever we can use to push
this database off of Windows and onto Linux.

I've been able to do this on my dev environment, where I have
tablespaces that are 8k and 16k.  I could not create 32k+ tablespaces
there, either (surprise).

Stay warm up there!!
Lisa