RE: Table last access date?

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:44:29 -0500

>> We want to see which tables haven't been accessed in a while to see
if they can be cleaned up <<

Tables that have not referenced used will not have SQL in the shared
pool though you could build a list of everything that has been used and
subtract that from what exists.  Then I would use auditing to monitor
access those tables on the list of potentially unused tables.  Some
might be used only monthly, quarterly, or even annually depending on
your applications.

Something else you can check is the dependencies that exist via
dba_dependencies.  Some tables that are in fact not used may still be
referenced in code that is used.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148