Re: TOAD Access to other Schemas

  • From: "Ram Srinivasan" <srinivasanram2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:38:25 -0400

I have lots of problems with Toad (Version 9.0), and hence stopped using
it.  I used PL-SQL Developer, which was very nice.  I use SQL Developer just
to look at the schemas, and run some simple queries.  They have really
screwed up the Toad version 9.0.  Toad 8.6.3. was all right.
 The best robust  tools are SQLPLUS and vi editor.  Nothing can beat these
2.

Ram Srinivasan
----------------------

On 6/28/07, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/28/07, Rich Jesse <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh don't get me wrong, I still revere LCD (Least Common Denominator)
> tools.
> They are vital for scripting or critical emergencies where other tools
> don't
> or can't work.  However, for day-to-day activities as well as PL/SQL
> development, I can be more productive with a fancy-pants GUI.  And I
> just
> happen to think that Toad does a better job of that then anyone else.
>
> <flamewar>
> And, of course, I'm right.
> </flamewar>

Hey, no problem if it works for you.

Off and on I work with SQL Developer.

It is a great tool, and I really like it for browsing schemas.

For many day to day tasks however sqlplus and vi are second nature.

It's difficult to change a productive habit when it works so well.
And for some things, I don't want to change. :)

--
Jared Still

Sincerely
Ram Srinivasan